November 15, 2012

Meatless Days


Egg Vendor Old Souk, Aleppo, Syria

Whenever I am traveling for long periods of time, I always eat eggs, especially as I try to avoid meat.  For several days, I will go with a vegetarian diet but, I can't give up my eggs. Usually, I prefer to eat omelets, and the best I've tasted were made a few miles from Sogmartan, in the Upper Mesopotamian plains, just north of the border of Syria, in Southern Turkey. After walking for the entire day, I came upon a remote farm house where my guide asked for some food and what came  were delicious eggs fried in sheep's fat, served in the cast iron pan they were cooked - simply divine!

Red Eggs Kabul, Afghanistan

Egg Maze Old City SanliUrfa, Turkey

Mt. Ararat

Marla Mossman

My photo
One woman traveling alone, in search of her religious and cultural heritage.